Saturday, March 7, 2009

It Should Be

My daughter warned me this past week that if I don't stop commenting on these lesser holidays, I'm going to lose my loyal followers (all 6 of you)! So, in a desire to redeem myself, I pledge that I will hereby only blog on St. Patrick's Day this month.

Except for today of course.....and while today is not a holiday that I know of, it SHOULD be. The name of this holiday should be "National Shower Appreciation for Recovering Surgical Patients Day"! The idea for this holiday came to me today when I was looking for waterproof tape to cover my incisions with. After checking 4 drawers and 3 cupboards, with no luck it seemed rather fruitless, but I will persevere! As soon as Dean awakes, I will have him join the hunt -- maybe Gina, too, if necessary. Then I'll cover the incisions with gauze and tape and take my first shower since Tuesday morning and that will indeed be a cause for celebration!

Dean just came in the room, read this blog and is now a man on a mission! He says duct tape will work and is gone out to the shop! Yes, soon the bliss of feeling clean and having clean hair will be mine. Hurrah! (and remember, there will be no more time-wasting, mind-cluttering blogs about inconsequential holidays this month) What a great Day for a celebration!!

(Chicken Soup is ALWAYS great when you're under the weather, right?

Chicken Rice Soup
1 c. uncooked wild rice
3 c. diced, cooked chicken breast
2 T. chicken bouillon
1 onion, chopped
5 c. water
4 potatoes, cubed
1 1/2 c. milk
2 T. flour

In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring rice, chicken, bouillon, onion and water to a boil. Remove from heat and pour into slow cooker. Stir in potatoes. Combine milk and flour and stir until smooth. Stir into soup mixture. Cook 6 to 8 hours, until rice and potatoes are tender and flavors are well blended.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh. I liked the lesser holidays. :-( Who doesn't want a dessert full of ice cream sandwiches??? :-D
    I hope everything is going well and healing nicely after your surgery and CONGRATS on getting to take a shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be a fan no matter what you blog about:-)
    How are the incisions healing? Can you walk better? We ahve been in Colorado with Kevin and Jamie house shopping. They made an offer on a wonderful home. I sure hope they get it! They are an amazing couple together.

    Sending many get well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you've missed one of the most important holidays...Pi Day! (Now pi is 3.14 so, 3-14 is Pi Day...the day you celebrate by having pie! It's now even nationally recognized! http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/03/14/1323245&from=rss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peg beat me with the Pi holiday!

    How is the family related to Robert E Lee? Stephen keeps asking me, to ask you!

    are you doing better?

    I haven't felt well and have been coughing horridly for weeks. I went out and stayed in the car on Saturday While V visited with the family... I found out today I have whooping cough!;{

    Did you know Lonnie is becoming a grandpa again? Jana:)

    Just know you are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete